Friday, April 8, 2016

Guenevere's Traveling Chicken Oil Painting


It was an honor to have Miss Chicken visit my studio, we had a lovely time together. For her painting, she nested in one of my bright pink bows, with just her head and tail poking out. I couldn't resist this cute pose, and chose it for my painting.

I am mostly a still life painter working in a realist style. I enjoy working on large Hyperreal oil paintings that often take days and weeks to finish. I think of myself as an endurance painter as I try to challenge myself to make the paintings more and more real. As a counter to this tight realism, I also like the challenge of loosening up, thus, after a big painting, I will do smaller quick studies to loosen up and work on quick decisions. As you can see in this Traveling Chicken painting, I incorporated both my tight realism in the bow and then a faster loose style in the wall paper background.

I did the painting over three sessions, most of it being broadcast live. If you missed it live, you can always watch my time lapse here, Traveling Chicken Time Lapse.

The painting is an 8" x 10" oil on wood, it is available in my Etsy store.


1 comment:

  1. This painting is AWESOME! I really enjoyed watching you paint it live :)

    ReplyDelete